Dear Community Member,
If you plan on traveling, please follow Los Angeles County guidelines, which has specific instructions for travelers who are not fully vaccinated or fully vaccinated:
- Anyone who is not fully vaccinated should obtain a COVID-19 test 1-3 days prior to traveling, and refrain from travel until you receive a negative test result.
- Please do not travel with a positive COVID-19 test result or when symptomatic. Quarantine and isolate per county guidelines.
- If you’re a non-essential traveler who is not fully vaccinated traveling outside of California, you must quarantine following county guidelines.
- Fully vaccinated persons may travel but should continue to take precautions. If asymptomatic, no quarantine or testing is needed upon return.
As more people within our community gain access to vaccinations, please remember that a person is considered fully vaccinated after two weeks of receiving the second dose of a vaccine.
For students testing after travel and when they’re fully vaccinated, students do not need to provide proof of a negative test result after travel. It is essential that families follow the county guidelines, the Honor Code, and the Community Commitment. Students should learn from home until their required quarantine period ends.
When they return to school, students should continue to participate in weekly testing through the school. This is true under all circumstances, regardless of whether students are fully vaccinated.
Hybrid Learning Updates
Students received important reminders regarding arriving late or leaving early from school during Community Block or free period, which are privileges for seniors only.
- Seniors are the only students allowed to arrive late or leave early when they don’t have a class. When attending classes in person, this means all students in grades 7 through 11 must arrive by 8:10 and cannot leave before 2:30, even if you have free periods.
- Community Block is considered part of the school day. No one can leave campus before 2:30 p.m. on community block days except for seniors.
- During your free periods, including community block, you may be in one of three locations: the Ahmanson lunch plaza, the field, the lower library.
- To check and see what activities are planned for community block, click on the Community Block tile on the Resources page of onCampus. You can also submit a proposal for a community block activity from this page.
Head of School
The COVID-19 School Compliance Task Force includes:
Nicole Haims Trevor
Please visit the Return to Campus Plan webpage for the latest updates and important information.