Preparing for the First Day of School
- Are you a new Prep parent? Please follow these instructions to set up the Magnus Health symptom tracker.
- Parents, please complete the Magnus Health symptom assessment 30 minutes before your child arrives to campus.
- Wear a mask at all times indoors. Masking remains optional outdoors.
- Review important Pickup and Dropoff information in the 2021-2022 On-Campus Safety Plan (pages 5-8).
- Submit your child’s vaccination card and Confidentiality of Medical Information ACT (CMIA).
- Students, get tested on Monday, August 23 or Tuesday, August 24.
- Are you a parent volunteer? Vaccine verification must be completed before Book Day if you’re volunteering that day.
Student Vaccination Cards
We expect all eligible community members to be vaccinated and for families to submit their children’s vaccine cards by Monday, August 23. In addition, all parents must complete a Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) form for their children. This is a new verification form that you should download, print, sign, scan, and upload the form as soon as possible to Magnus Health. You will receive a reminder from Magnus Health on this, and we appreciate your prompt response.
Required COVID-19 Testing
All students should participate in our drive-thru test on Monday, August 23 or Tuesday, August 24 from 8:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. on both days.
To schedule a test, please visit: https://omnipathology.com/covid19/flintridgeprep-student and click Register.
If you are a new family, click New Patient Registration. The registration process is mobile-friendly, but you will need your medical insurance information. Once you complete the New Patient Registration, or if your family is returning to Prep, click Already Registered? Sign In to schedule your appointment.
All unvaccinated students will need to participate in weekly testing on Mondays from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Any student who was not PCR tested on August 23 or August 24 will also need to participate in testing on Monday, August 30. We will send more information about registering for weekly testing in next week’s Howl.
We anticipate unconditional FDA approval of COVID-19 vaccines in the next month, at which point our policy is likely to require all students to be vaccinated. Any student who hasn’t submitted a vaccination form through Magnus Health for any reason will be required to test weekly until they are fully vaccinated.
If a student is not yet fully vaccinated (two weeks post second shot) or you have religious or medical concerns, there is no way for you to indicate this through Magnus Health. Please email Beth Pattinelli.
State-Required Vaccination Verification for School Volunteers
On August 11, the State of California issued a Public Health Officer Order requiring all California K-12 school workers to verify their vaccination status. You can view the full order here. Parent volunteers who will be coming to campus this school year are considered unpaid employees by the State of California and must complete the verification process before being allowed on campus as volunteers.
If you are volunteering on campus on Book Day, we have sent you an email and we need you to complete the verification process by Book Day, Thursday, August 26.
Parents who believe they will be coming to campus to volunteer this school year should act quickly. The school’s deadline to be compliant with this state requirement is Friday, October 1, 2021.
If you do not complete this vaccination verification process you will not be allowed to enter campus as a volunteer.
To verify that you are vaccinated:
- Print, sign, and scan the Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) form. We need both pages of the form. Photos of both pages of the form are acceptable.
- Take a photo, screen capture, or digital scan of your vaccination card, ensuring that your name, vaccination date(s), and type of vaccine (e.g., Pfizer, Moderna, or Johnson & Johnson) are visible.
- Email these items with the subject line: Volunteer Vaccination Verification and your name to Celeste McMillin before you arrive on campus to volunteer.
- Vaccine verifications that include a QR code are acceptable, as long as the pertinent information is visible.
- Do not give us your original or only copy of your vaccine card.
- We cannot accept vaccine verification documents via text message.
- If you are not yet fully vaccinated (two weeks post second shot) or you have religious or medical concerns, please email Theresa King or Kim Kinder.
- Do not email your vaccination verification information to Kirsten Harbers or any other parent volunteer.
In addition to completing this state-mandated verification, all parents (whether volunteers or as guests) must complete Flintridge Prep’s Symptom Self-Assessment Form each time you come to campus.