Dear Community Member,
First, we would like to thank parents for their prompt response to our survey last week. Given the trend of continuously improving data, we had anticipated that LA County could move to “Red Tier level” data today. Today LA County reached an adjusted case rate of 7.2/100,000, just shy of the 7.0/100,000 or lower infection rate needed to qualify for the State of California’s Red Tier.
The next opportunity for us to enter that territory will be next Tuesday, March 9. At that point, we would need to stay in “Red Tier level” data for two consecutive weeks, at which point the state would actually move LA County into the Red Tier. This would mean that the soonest we could begin a phased return for hybrid learning is Wednesday, March 17, according to state guidelines. Importantly, we must also follow LA County guidelines if they are more strict, and we are awaiting clarification from LADPH regarding any further waiting period the county might require.
We have also been readying the school for a return to hybrid learning and we are prepared to move swiftly once restrictions are lifted. We would like to highlight the following schedule.
- Wednesday and Thursday, March 3-4: SEL Activities on Campus. Parents and students have already received a reminder about this week’s events. If we must cancel tomorrow’s activities for weather, we will email families as early tomorrow morning as possible.
- Friday, March 5: Mascot Drive-Thru
- Saturday, March 6: Winter Movie Night at Santa Anita Park
- Friday, March 12: Middle School Athletic Conditioning
- Friday and Saturday, March 12 and 13: Cinderella, the Musical
- Wednesday and Thursday, March 17-19: SEL Activities on Campus
We have created a Blue-Silver Schedule through the end of the year once we begin hybrid learning. In a typical week, students will come to school Monday-Tuesday-Friday or Wednesday-Thursday. Check this calendar carefully, as some weeks are not typical. We will share our Blue-Silver Cohorts in the coming days. All students have already been added to one of the two groups. Siblings will be placed in the same group and students will remain in their Blue or Silver group for as long as Prep offers a hybrid learning option.
Click here to see our Flintridge Prep On-Campus Safety Plan. We will continue to update this document as we begin our phased reopening.
All my best,
Head of School
The COVID-19 School Compliance Task Force includes:
Nicole Haims Trevor
The COVID-19 School Compliance Task Force can be reached by emailing email@example.com at any time.