Dear Community Member,
We hope you are enjoying a relaxing spring break with your family. We are writing with some reminders as we prepare for a return to campus learning next week.
Registering for Testing
We strongly encourage all students who are planning to attend school next week to take part in our testing program on Monday, March 29. If your student(s) cannot come to campus for testing on Monday, March 29, please still register them in our testing partner’s system by Sunday, March 28 at 5:00 p.m. anyway. This registration is necessary for the school to set up testing during PE and free periods in the future.
Testing appointments for Monday, March 29 will be available from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. After March 29, all other testing appointments will be scheduled by the school and will occur weekly during PE classes and free periods.
Families may receive results of their children’s Monday COVID-19 test prior to returning to campus on Tuesday, but this is not guaranteed. As a reminder, it is essential to assess your children thoroughly using the Magnus Health screening every day. This screening includes a temperature check at home.
Testing After March 29 or After Travel
Some families have asked if they should send their children to school for testing while they are quarantining after travel or before they return to campus for learning. The answer to this question is no. We appreciate that families would like the extra assurance of screening their children before returning to school and we welcome families to register for a test through another provider. Once students return to campus for learning, they will be added automatically to the testing regimen during PE and free periods, provided parents have registered them by March 28 at 5:00 p.m.
Like many of you, we are pleased that vaccine eligibility criteria will open up substantially beginning April 1. Here are some details of which you should be aware. We appreciate our extended network of faculty, families, and alumni for providing us with some of these details:
- On April 1, everyone 50 or older is eligible to register for the vaccine. Based on our experience with faculty, we imagine that there will be appointments available as early as this weekend for community members aged 50+.
- On April 15, everyone 16 and older is eligible to register for the vaccine.
- The Pfizer vaccine is the only vaccine option available for individuals who are 16+.
- The Moderna and Johnson & Johnson vaccines are available for individuals who are 18+.
This website from LA County provides a map of vaccine availability. Under Look for an Appointment, click Map. This is especially helpful if you know which vaccine you would like to get for yourself or your child. View the vaccine availability map here: http://publichealth.lacounty.gov/acd/ncorona2019/vaccine/hcwsignup/
Other Vaccine Resources
- California Department of Public Health My Turn: https://myturn.ca.gov
- California State Website for Vaccines: www.covid19.ca.gov/vaccines/
- Pasadena Department of Public Health (for those who live or work in Pasadena only): https://www.cityofpasadena.net/public-health/covid-19-vaccine/#vaccine-allocation-phases
- LA County residents (other than Pasadena): http://publichealth.lacounty.gov/acd/ncorona2019/covidvaccinedistribution/
- LA County residents: http://www.publichealth.lacounty.gov/media/Coronavirus/vaccine/index.htm
- Kaiser: https://healthy.kaiserpermanente.org/southern-california/health-wellness/coronavirus-information/covid-vaccine
- Rite Aid: https://www.riteaid.com/pharmacy/covid-qualifier
- Vons: https://www.vons.com/pharmacy/covid-19.html
- Pavilions: https://www.pavilions.com/pharmacy/covid-19.html
- Ralphs: https://www.ralphs.com/rx/guest/get-vaccinated
- CVS: https://www.cvs.com/immunizations/covid-19-vaccine
- Walgreens: https://www.walgreens.com/topic/promotion/covid-vaccine.jsp
Please feel free to direct your questions to anyone on the COVID-19 School Compliance Task Force or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Head of School
The COVID-19 School Compliance Task Force includes: