Dear Community Member,
We anticipate that in the coming weeks the LA County Department of Public Health will authorize schools to open for a hybrid of on-campus and online learning. When it is safe to return to campus (most likely in early November), Flintridge Prep’s hybrid learning program plan will include the following:
- Approximately half the students will be on campus at any given time, which will generally follow an alternating Mon-Tues-Fri/Wed-Thurs schedule.
- Masks will be required at all times and we will follow all physical distancing recommendations both inside and outside of classrooms.
- Community members will be asked to electronically acknowledge on a weekly basis the community expectations and personal responsibilities inherent with educating students in a hybrid environment. These include limiting interactions, maintaining physical distance, wearing masks, and frequently washing hands.
- The Magnus Health app has a symptom tracker. Anyone coming to campus is required to use the symptom tracker. Anyone experiencing symptoms must stay home.
- As a hybrid reopening becomes imminent, students will be assigned to a blue or silver group, with siblings in the same cohort.
- Students with health concerns will not be required to come to school at any time. Until we are fully open with everyone on campus, students will be able to continue taking their classes through Zoom from home.
- HVAC systems have been optimized to provide maximum ventilation.
- Enhanced cleaning protocols have been established in order to ensure that all spaces are frequently sanitized.
- Protocols have been established if someone becomes ill on campus and/or diagnosed with COVID-19.
You can find more information about our hybrid plan at www.flintridgeprep.org/return-plan.
As we finalize our protocols, we're asking for your input. Please note that your responses will be confidential and your responses are not binding. The deadline for completing the survey is Friday, October 9.
Thank you for your continued partnership.
The COVID-19 School Compliance Task Force