Applying for Financial Assistance
Research shows that communities that value diversity are more creative, more effective at problem solving, and more empathetic. That value aligns with Flintridge Prep’s values. If the cost of a Flintridge Prep education feels out of reach based on your family’s financial circumstances, we hope you will consider exploring our financial assistance program and submit an application.
With a budget of almost $3.6 million, financial assistance awards range from 10% to 100% of school costs. One in four students receives financial assistance with the average award of $23,000 covering 50% of Flintridge Prep’s tuition.
Learning with purpose in a diverse and nurturing community benefits all Flintridge Prep students, encouraging deep engagement in every aspect of life.
The Clarity application will be available beginning October 1, 2023.
Flintridge Prep’s financial assistance program is designed to make a Flintridge Prep education possible for all families. Awards are based on demonstrated financial need and the availability of funds. Information to determine the award is gathered through the online Clarity application. As part of the process, families provide information that includes income, assets, expenses, and debts.
- To get started, please go to the Clarity application and create an account.
- The application typically takes less than 30 minutes to complete.
- The Clarity application is also mobile-friendly so you can complete it from anywhere.
- You are also able to save your progress and return at any time.
- At the end of the application, there is a $60 fee to submit, and you can share your application with additional schools that accept the Clarity application for no additional charge. Simply use the dropdown menu in the application to select those schools.
- Please remember to return to your dashboard after you complete and submit your Clarity application, as Flintridge Prep requires you to upload additional tax documentation including 2022 Federal 1040 forms, W-2s, 1099s, and Schedule C if applicable.
- If you need support during the process of completing your application, there is in-app support available through the “Help” button in the bottom left of the screen, as well as email and phone support at email@example.com or 206-210-3752, in both English and Spanish. The application itself is also fully translated into Spanish.
The deadline for completing the financial aid application including relevant supplemental documents is January 10, 2024 for admissions applicants and November 15, 2023 for students currently attending Flintridge Prep.
This process takes place at the same time as, but is separate from, the application for admissions. Families apply for financial assistance using the online Clarity financial assistance application.
- Financial Assistance Help, including technical support for the Clarity application
- WHO SHOULD APPLY FOR FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE, HOW MUCH ARE THE AWARDS, AND WHAT ARE THE CRITERIA IN MAKING AWARDS?
- HOW DO I APPLY FOR FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE? WHAT IS CLARITY? IS THERE A FEE TO APPLY?
- IF MY STUDENT RECEIVES FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE FROM FLINTRIDGE PREP, WHAT BEYOND TUITION IS COVERED BY THE FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE AWARD?
- WHAT ARE MY CHANCES OF RECEIVING FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE? WHAT PERCENTAGE OF FLINTRIDGE PREP'S STUDENTS RECEIVE FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE AND WHAT IS THE AVERAGE AWARD?
- DOES FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE NEED TO BE PAID BACK?
- WHAT IF PARENTS/GUARDIANS ARE DIVORCED, SEPARATED, OR NEVER MARRIED?
- WHAT DOCUMENTS DO I SUBMIT IN ADDITION TO COMPLETING THE CLARITY APPLICATION?
- DOES FLINTRIDGE PREP OFFER FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE BASED ON EXTRACURRICULAR TALENT OR ACADEMIC MERIT?
- WILL APPLYING FOR FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE AFFECT MY STUDENT'S APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION?
- WHEN WILL WE KNOW IF WE WERE AWARDED FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE FROM FLINTRIDGE PREP?
- DO FAMILIES APPLY FOR FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE EVERY YEAR? IS FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE GUARANTEED THROUGH THE DURATION OF MY STUDENT'S ENROLLMENT AT FLINTRIDGE PREP?
- October, 1, 2023: Clarity application is available online.
- November 15, 2023: Deadline for current Flintridge Prep families to submit Clarity application.
- January 10, 2024: Deadline to submit admissions application to Flintridge Prep.
- January 10, 2024: Deadline for admissions families to submit Clarity application.
- March 8, 2024: Admissions Decisions and Financial Assistance Awards emailed to families.
- April 15, 2024 (uploaded to Clarity application): Deadline to upload 2023 W-2, 1099, and Schedule C if applicable; Federal tax forms (Federal 1040 or 1040A and all supporting tax schedules, if applicable).