In 1933, Flintridge Prep's athletics program began with a swim team and now, 86 years later, it encompasses a full co-ed athletics program boasting multiple league, CIF and State championships. To honor this legacy, Flintridge Prep is creating a Hall of Fame to acknowledge and celebrate members of the Flintridge Prep community who have had a significant, positive impact on athletics at Prep. Any player, coach, team or individual who has made positive contributions to Flintridge Prep athletics and has unselfishly given their time or talent above and beyond ordinary expectations may be nominated by any member of the Flintridge Prep community.
The Hall of Fame Selection Committee will be chaired by Prep's Athletic Director and will consist of coaches (both active and retired), administrators and student representatives. The Inaugural Hall of Fame class will be announced August 2020, with an induction to follow in the winter. Names of the honorees will be on permanent display in the Crawford Family Gym.
The criteria for selecting Prep Athletics Hall of Fame inductees is based on team and individual accomplishments, awards, outside recognition and character while at Prep. The Selection Committee considers these criteria to be of great importance.
To be eligible for induction to the Athletics Hall of Fame:
- Nominated athletes must have graduated from Flintridge Prep prior to 2010 and have played a sport for the school. Outside sports not offered by the school may be taken into consideration. Former or current coaches, athletics department members, athletics staff or dedicated, long-time supporters of Prep Athletics shall also be eligible.
- Nominated teams should be those that have brought honor and distinction to Prep by performing at a high level and demonstrating an exceptional degree of play and sportsmanship. Because teams encompass multiple grade levels and multiple years, the Selection Committee will have the flexibility to adjust the ten-year requirement for nominated teams.
- An Honorary Award may be considered for a non-athlete/non-coach who has had a significant, positive impact on Prep Athletics. This award will consider the individual’s distinguished body of work beyond Prep.
- Nominations may be posthumous.
- Nominees not selected for induction shall remain eligible for four years and will be automatically reconsidered for the next induction ceremony. They may be re-nominated after that.
The Selection Committee will have the flexibility to recognize exceptional individuals whose qualifications are not on the above list.
To make a nomination, please email HOF@flintridgeprep.org by March 15, 2020, with the following information:
- Your contact information (name, phone, email and mailing address) in case we need to clarify provided information.
- The nominee’s contact information (if possible), graduation year, sport(s) played and nomination category (player, coach, team or honorary).
- The nominee’s contributions to Prep Athletics, including awards, accomplishments and records.
- The nominee’s accomplishments beyond Prep, including college athletics, professional sports or a professional body of work since leaving Prep.
- Any other pertinent information that may positively influence the committee.
Please keep your nomination succinct. Do not exceed 500 words. If you are returning the completed nomination letter by post, please address the letter to:
Flintridge Prep Athletics Hall of Fame Selection Committee
C/O Athletic Director
4543 Crown Avenue
La Canada Flintridge, CA 91011
The deadline for receiving nominations is March 15, 2020.