Cross country breezed through the Cool Breeze Invitational at Brookside, with the varsity boys and girls squads running the “Sundown Showdown” and the merged three mile. Don’t forget to cheer varsity and JV teams next week at the Prep League Cluster Meet on September 17.
Last fall, football was dealt a heavy blow from Sage Hill during their Division I first-round playoff. This season, though, the Rebels came out roaring. During Friday’s game at Sage Hill, the Prep team took to the field in the first quarter with excitement and a score to settle – and they did not back down from this opportunity to take on the Lightning. After gaining a 21-point advantage, the Rebels beat Sage Hill in a blistering 55-8. The first half saw incredible plays between Max Gitlin ’20 and Ben Grable ’20, who worked together to gain three touchdowns that helped put the Rebels at 38-0 before halftime, as well as a smooth touchdown from Germaine Harvey ’20 and a 44-yard field goal by Silas Chavez ’21.
Coming off this victory, Prep football will face Thacher next Friday, September 20. It will be an ACL Pack the Place game, so wear your blue and grey and let’s get the team another win at home.
Girls varsity volleyball gained a 3-0 win against Temple City on September 6, coming off their victory during the Providence Tournament. While girls JV volleyball fell to Temple 0-2, both teams have a chance to take on major rivals Poly and Mayfield next week.
Save these dates for the fall Pack the Place home games:
September 20, 2019
Varsity Football vs. Thacher
October 1, 2019
Girls Volleyball vs. Chadwick
October 10, 2019
Girls Tennis vs. Poly
October 15, 2019
Boys Water Polo vs. Brentwood
September 17, 2019
- Boys Varsity Water Polo vs. San Marino (Away)
- Boys JV Water Polo vs. San Marino (Away)
- Girls Varsity Tennis vs. Marshall (Home)
- Girls Varsity Volleyball vs. Mayfield Senior (Home)
- Girls JV Volleyball vs. Mayfield Senior (Home)
- Girls Freshman Volleyball vs. Mayfield Senior (Home)
- Girls Varsity Cross Country Prep League Cluster Meet (Away)
- Girls JV Cross Country Prep Cluster Meet (Away)
- Boys Varsity Cross Country Prep League Meet (Away)
September 19, 2019