Notes: For the 2020-2021 school year, Flintridge Prep will adopt a modified version of our 2019-2020 schedule that will be used regardless of which learning model (distance learning, hybrid, or on campus) the school is using at any given time. This schedule offers familiarity, in that it is an adaptation of our existing A-J schedule, and includes a number of new features, such as a late start on Friday, longer class periods, fewer class meetings per week, and a dedicated advisory/class meeting period. The schedule also allows us to accommodate several non-traditional courses, such as college counseling, half-unit senior classes, and 7th and 8th grade collaborative programs in dedicated class periods.
Key features include:
- Five (5) 60-minute classes on Mondays and Tuesdays
- Three (3) 75-minute classes and a 75-minute Community Block on Wednesdays
* Four (4) 75-minute periods on Thursdays
- Four (4) 60-minute classes with a 30-minute Advisory period on Fridays
- A late start time for students on Fridays (8:50 a.m.), allowing for faculty meetings and collaborations before classes begin.
- 10-minute passing periods between classes.
- Nutrition and lunch breaks will be scheduled as follows:
- Mondays and Tuesdays will have a 20-minute nutrition break and a 40-minute lunch period.
- Wednesdays will have a 30-minute nutrition break and a 40-minute lunch period.
- On Thursdays, Morning Meeting will move into the 30-minute morning break. Lunch will be 40 minutes on Thursdays.
- Fridays will not have a nutrition break (due to the late start and advisory period) and lunch would be 40 minutes.